WEDI is the leading authority on the use of Health IT to improve healthcare information exchange; enhancing quality of care, improving efficiency and reducing costs of the American healthcare system. WEDI members represent the full spectrum of the nation’s healthcare industry, including:
WEDI is private and public industry solution to critical healthcare problems. Our members come together with one thing in common—to make the American healthcare system more efficient. Our vision is to improve the quality of healthcare through effective and efficient information exchange and management.
WEDI brings together multiple stakeholders and drives industry consensus. Through an extensive workgroup structure, open public forums, Policy Advisory Groups (PAGs) and Technical Advisory Committees (TACs), WEDI collects input from all stakeholders and distills those thoughts into pinpoint recommendations for change. WEDI’s stakeholders represent solutions to today’s public and private business needs and interchange challenges. Together, they are laying the groundwork for the future of healthcare information exchange.
WEDI’s mission is to provide multi-stakeholder leadership and guidance to the nation’s healthcare system on how to use and leverage the industry's collective technology, knowledge, expertise and information resources to improve the administrative efficiency, quality and cost effectiveness of healthcare information.
WEDI will achieve its mission by:
- Providing a forum for facilitating improvements in information exchange and management including the development of strategies and tactics, definition of standards, the resolution of implementation issues, identification of best practices and the development and delivery of education and training programs
- Focusing the power of the healthcare industry on achieving improvements in information exchange and management
- Guiding multi-stakeholder healthcare leaders to define, prioritize, build consensus and make decisions on the critical technical and business issues that affect the implementation and value of internal and external business process improvements, through contact and interaction with key government decision-makers
- Ensuring thoughtful development and implementation of healthcare industry standards, policies and regulations
- Serving as the primary catalyst for the identification, communication and resolution of obstacles that impede the growth of information exchange and management within healthcare; and Informing and educating WEDI members and other healthcare stakeholders about the benefits of and strategies for improving information exchange and management