WEDI Announces Presenters and Session Details for WEDI 2020 Virtual Conference
April 17, 2020
Industry Luminaries George Halvorson and Alexandra Mugge Headline the Online Slate
WASHINGTON, D.C. — April 17, 2020 — WEDI, the preeminent national membership association for health IT guidance and collaboration, today announced the presenters and session details of the organization’s annual spring conference. WEDI 2020 will take place May 4, May 6 and May 7, 2020, and will be held virtually for the first time due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
“We’ve structured this year’s virtual conference to be as flexible as possible for the demanding schedules of our industry during the current international health crisis,” said Charles Stellar, President and CEO of WEDI. “Registered attendees will have complete access to the collective knowledge, expertise and informational resources of our much-anticipated conference, but through the added convenience of a virtual format. Attendees will be able to interact with speakers after each presentation through live Q&A, and will also have full ‘on-demand’ access.”
WEDI 2020 Virtual will feature nine sessions over the course of three days, offering health care professionals the latest information to aid them in understanding the impact of COVID-19 on federal policy decisions and telehealth adoption, FHIR integration strategies, ways to overcome data exchange roadblocks, guidance on Da Vinci implementation, and a deeper dive into the industry’s push toward administrative automation.
Critical and timely industry discussions will be led a host of industry leaders and influencers including:
- George Halvorson, Chair and CEO, Institute for Intergroup Understanding
- Alexandra Mugge, Deputy Chief Health Informatics, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Donna Campbell, Provider Portal & Provider Connectivity Product Manager, HCSC
- Patrick Murta, Solution Architecture Fellow, Humana
- Chris Bailey, Director, MiHIN
- Tim Pletcher, Executive Director, MiHIN
- Sharon Kim, Senior Health Care Analyst, BCBS MI
- Krista Drobac, Executive Director, Alliance for Connected Care
- Dan Chavez, Executive Director, San Diego Health Connect
- Melissa Kotrys, CEO, Phoenix Health Current
- Alix Goss, Vice President and Senior Consultant, Imprado
- Viet Nguyen, Technical Director, Da Vinci Project
WEDI 2020 Virtual is open to all interested health care stakeholders across provider, payer, vendor and government entities. Both WEDI members and non-members can register online and can view the full schedule here. In addition to individual passes, Corporate Passes are also available, allowing everyone in an organization to attend as many virtual sessions as they’d like.
For nearly 30 years, WEDI has been an instrumental force in igniting public-private partnerships to empower meaningful changes for the American health care system. Recognized and trusted as a formal advisor to the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS), WEDI is the leading authority on the use of health IT to efficiently improve health information exchange, enhance care quality, and reduce costs. WEDI’s membership includes a broad coalition of organizations, including: hospitals, providers, health plans, vendors, government agencies, consumers, not-for-profit organizations, and standards development organizations. To learn more, visit www.wedi.org and connect with us on Twitter and LinkedIn.