Health Literacy Month
October 21, 2021
To mark Health Literacy Month, we’re highlighting resources that can help providers better explain the services that are available to their patients through their health coverage:
- Review and share Coverage to Care resources, which help patients understand their health coverage and connect to primary care and the preventive services that are right for them. Resources are available in Spanish.
- Download Coverage to Care Prevention Resources to explain the preventive services available to adults, teens, children, and infants for little or no cost under most health care plans. Resources are available in several languages.
- Share Getting the Care You Need: A Guide for People with Disabilities, which empowers patients with disabilities by explaining their rights to accessible care. This resource is available in several languages.
- View Improving Communication Access for Individuals who are Blind or have Low Vision and Improving Communication Access for Individuals who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing , which outline how to assess practices for accessibility, develop communication plans, and be prepared to implement accessible services.
- Review Building an Organizational Response to Health Disparities – Resource Guide, which describes resources and concepts key to addressing disparities and improving healthcare quality throughout an organization.
- Download the Guide to Developing a Language Access Plan, which helps assess programs and develop language access plans to ensure persons with limited English proficiency have meaningful access to care and services.
More Resources available here.