Health IT: What’s “In” in 2023?
January 11, 2023
The “In and Out” trend is replacing “New Year's Resolutions” and WEDI is here to share what’s IN for health IT in 2023!
In no particular order:
- The WEDI Raining Regs series for all your 2023 health IT regulatory news, best practices, and implementation guidance!
- Prioritizing meaningful digital engagement and positive patient experiences.
- The first group of TEFCA QHINs!
- Increased focus on patient privacy and data security.
- Tech and retail companies will (continue) to inch into care delivery.
- Accessing podcasts to hear from national health IT experts.
- Sharing perspectives and expertise to shape public policy through WEDI Member Position Advisory (MPA) sessions.
- Increased patient access to health data leveraging existing OAuth2 / SMART-on-FHIR standards with early use of IAL2 standards.
- Large health care organizations acquiring digital health startups.
- Volunteering time to solve problems and move the health care industry forward through WEDI Workgroups.
WEDI has been the igniting force in advancing health data exchange since 1991 and has served as a formal advisor to the Secretary of Health & Human Services since 1996. Like fanny packs and combat boots, the 90s are definitely “in” and WEDI continues to bring the health care industry together driving towards an efficient, more automated health care system.