WEDI Podcasts Reach New Heights
September 9, 2021
Written by Michael McNutt
The summer of 2020 saw WEDI launch a new venture-- a podcast series called “The Collective Voice of Health IT”. The weekly program, hosted by Matthew Albright, WEDI Board Member, Communications Committee Chair, and Chief Legislative Affairs Officer at Zelis Payments, welcomes healthcare IT thought leaders for a half-hour discussion on the most pressing and relevant topics that affect the industry.
For over a year, Albright and myself as producer have welcomed speakers representing the federal government, payers, providers, vendors, non-profit associations and more. The conversations have addressed a number of keys focus areas for WEDI, including health equity, transactions, privacy and security, telehealth, regulatory changes, leadership, value-based care and data sharing.
Download numbers have steadily climbed since the first episode on July 23, 2020 featuring Ferris Taylor, Executive Director of the HealthCare Executive Group (HCEG). August 2020, the first full month of the program, garnered 147 downloads. A year later, in August 2021, The Collective Voice of Health IT received nearly 550 monthly downloads, the highest number to date. As we enter the 4th quarter of 2021, the podcast is closing in on another special milestone; 5000 total downloads.
The top 5 most downloaded episodes:
- The “Art” of Interoperability with HL7 Da Vinci Project Program Manager Jocelyn Keegan (Episode 29, March 29, 2021)
- Information Blocking, Interoperability, Innovation and Impact; The “I” Test with ONC’s Deputy National Coordinator Stephen Posnack (Episode 2, August 3, 2020)
- Shooting for the Stars with Telehealth Rockstar James Stallcup, MD, Cherokee Nation (Episode 30, April 5, 2021)
- Surviving the Jolts; Organizational Leadership with Leonard Friedman, Ph.D., George Washington University (Episode 26, March 8, 2021)
- Interoperability and Transparency, Power to the Patients with Stanley Nachimson of Nachimson Advisors (Episode 37, May 24, 2021)
The Collective Voice of Health IT will continue offering a diverse topic base and welcome some of the most engaging minds in the health IT business. Click here to access the complete podcast library.